Monday, October 27, 2008

Sloppy Joes



These are our favorite Sloppy Joe's, if you hate Manwhich you will love these homemade tasties! This is quick and easy to make especially if you have your pre-browned ground beef. They will change your mind about Sloppy Joe's! Kim Maass just said these even freeze well.....

Kim and I both agree once you start eating these you won't even be able to stomach Manwhich.

McVay's & Maass's Favorite Sloppy Joe's (by Tamara from http://www.allrecipes.com/)

INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

3 comments:

Kelly Owen said...

I love your blog's new look!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those things!! I remember my first taste...AMAZING! I made them once, but of course they weren't as delicious as yours! You know how I love anything with sugar!!

- Halei

Rachel said...

Thanks, Kyle! Your sloppy joes are the best I've ever eaten--leaps and bounds ahead of any others. I'm going to make them this week since I have some frozen buns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter